SOLUTION TO YOUR COLD WEATHER WINDOW CONDENSATION PROBLEM!
Do you have to mop up the puddles of condensation on you window sills when the weather turns cold?
What is the cause of the condensation?
In the mid 1970's to the present builders have built new homes to be energy efficient. To achieve this efficiency builders used better windows and doors and sealing up the structure to stop any air leakage. This did decrease the heating costs, but sealing up the structure without considering the need for combustion or ventilation air caused a host of new problems.
Symptoms of a too tight house are condensation on the windows, smoke escaping from the fireplace or wood stove, mould or mildew , residual cooking or smoking odours and a general stale smell in the home.
Since the common thread among the problems is a tight house, it makes sense that if it is engineered to be less tight then the problems will disappear. It seams ironic that a house that has been made tight to save energy should now be loosened up , but that is exactly what is needed to maintain a healthy environment. Years ago houses were not built as tightly and these problems did not exist.
With the installation of a PLUSEAIRE ventilation system on the furnace the tight house problems are corrected. The system works in two ways. Firstly it is powered by the furnace fan and brings in air when the furnace is in its heating mode. Secondly when the furnace is off PLUSEAIRE is in its passive mode and it brings in air as the house is exhausting it through exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathrooms, and furnace or hot water heater chimneys. In both cases the fresh air is tempered and delivered around the house by the duct work. The whole house is now supplied with fresh air so that incomplete combustion and excessive moisture problems are eliminated
BENIFITS YOU CAN EXPECT FROM A PLUSAIRE SYSTEM
- Eliminates up to 70% of your winter condensation within 48 hours by introducing dry fresh outside air into the house
- No more mopping up of pooled condensation on the window sills and the mold associated with wet wood.
- Eliminates the negative pressure created in your home by automatically providing just the right amount of makeup air to correct any negative pressure caused by mechanical ventilators such as bathroom and kitchen fans, clothes dryers, central vacs, furnaces and hot water heaters.
- Prevents back drafting in wood stoves, fireplaces, the furnace or hot water tank eliminating the threat of carbon monoxide spillage by bringing in the correct amount of air to feed the combustion appliances.
- Automatically replaces the complete air volume of the house with fresh air 4 to 6 times in 24 hours.
- Eliminates airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores in your environment reducing winter sicknesses and preventing the spread of germs protecting your family by killing mold spores and other contaminants with purified air as fresh air enters the house when ordered with the UV purification unit.
- PLUSAIRE's economy is achieved by using the furnace, a system you already have, for distribution so no additional ducts, fans, switches, or filters are necessary.